Tips On How To Learn A New Langugage Faster
Are you trying to learn a new language? Are you almost giving up because you feel it’s too tough on your tongue? Well, if you are relocating to a foreign country or are simply learning the foreign language for the pleasure of it, you can’t give up yet. Here are some useful tips to help you learn the new language faster.
- Try learning the sounds before the words. That way, you will learn the alphabet sounds before trying to memorize the vocabulary itself. As a result, you will practice reading words you haven’t heard read out yet.
- Learn the cognates, which are words similar to those in your native language. These are often the easiest words to learn and you can learn a lot of them within a very short time.
- Set a few goals when learning a language to know how much you can learn within a specific time. Start measuring goals to avoid getting stuck and actually learn the new language faster.
- Don’t approach learning a new language like you are studying. Rather, you should listen and read accordingly. Avoid memorization and rote learning because it will actually slow you down and pointless altogether. You should speak it as you write for the best results.
- Learn the new language in the topics you are interested in to make it more exciting. If you choose boring things, you will be bored and quit before learning anything. For instance, if you love sports or entertainment, you can learn the new language by looking at the newspapers in the local language.
- You need to identify the reason why you are studying the new language in the first place before giving up. If you feel like you can’t continue any further, use this reminder to keep yourself going for a longer period and make your mind conscious of the exercise.
- Start with the words that are used frequently so you can learn faster. Jot down a list of the frequently used words in that language and learn how they are used to be able to catch the language faster.
- Avoid translating a lot since you are forcing your brain to work faster than it’s supposed to. You will invest too much energy in the new language without knowing it. For instance, avoid learning from using subtitles rather find out how they words are spoken.
For more information on how to learn new languages faster, visit blog.yago.sg/learn-french-singapore/.